Operation Safety Net, the Scioto County Homeless Shelter, a caring family-oriented facility which recognizes the need for a safe, yet motivational and inspirational environment, aims to ensure the highest quality short-term stay during a family or individual's transitional period. We seek to aggressively provide services designed to successfully move persons from emergency shelter to permanent housing.
Programs and Services:
- Provides emergency shelter in a clean, well-run facility.
- Assists clients in securing decent affordable housing.
- Offers budget management classes, case management and coordination, goal setting, service referrals, permanent housing placement, nutrition education, daily living skills, time and stress management, parenting skills and substance abuse referrals.
- Provides mental health referrals through on-site evaluations and assessments.
- Gives direct assistance to clients needing deposit and rental aid in maintaining to obtaining.
- Offers job seeking skills and resume writing classes.
- Operates a food pantry.
Contact Info for Scioto County Homeless Shelter:
Address: 615 8th Street, Portsmouth, OH 45662